One year after the CSX launch, one thousand 1988 CSX-Ts were built for Thrifty Car Rental. They kept the stock Turbo I engine for durability. The differences from the previous year were 15×6.5 Shelby wheels, and the colors were mainly white with blue and silver trim. (Jon wrote that the CSX-T had white wheel inserts, not black). [High Performance Mopar, the predecessor of Mopar Action, took one out to the streetlight races, and outran V8 and V6 muscle cars with the CSX-T.] *Source Allpar.com
Car #445 Price $5,000
Spent its life in the Pacific NW of the United States (Utah). Came to Minnesota in 2019
Rebuilt 2.5 engine by previous owner including extensive head work. Motor has approx 2,000 miles since rebuild. Car has about 150kmiles on the body.
- In 2020 the car received,
- a Garrett Turbo TB03 TII with a 2.5 Swing valve – FWD Performance” and the rebuilder was “A1 Turbo” in CA
- Braided oil lines along with a bolt-in Mopar intercooler/radiator
- New Hankook Concept 2 tires
- New clutch and front struts
- There is no visible rot on or under the vehicle with the exception of the oxidation on the surface of the car due to the peeling paint.
- The interior is in very good condition. The headliner was replaced by the previous owner with a non factory material.
- The car runs and drives great and is a blast to drive.
- Asking $5,000 Call Jake at 612-518-7425
Car #732 $2,500 firm
Non driving roller with the drive train removed. Came to Minnesota for the Pacific NW (Washington State) in 2019. Car has no visible rust/rot except for the surface oxidation due to the peeling paint. There is a rust hole in the spare tire well. The interior of the car will need a severe cleaning. The car has an Infinity stock sound system. Car has about 112k miles on the body.
Included with the sale,
Rebuilt 2.2 engine by the previous owner. Little is known about the rebuild and would suggest complete disassembly and inspection. Here is what the previous owner who had the engine built stated: “forged-everything short block and a professionally ported & polished head with stage 2 camshaft. Everything was designed for a 20psi daily driver. ported head and a T2 intake.“
An A555 transmission, new clutch and a flywheel. Engine is on an engine stand(see pictures), and the A555 trans is in the wheel wheel of the car in the trunk.
Exhaust parts that are included- 2.5 donut | FWD 32-0467| 1| $15.00 Catback Pipes 2.5in. Shadow/Da| FWD 32-0109| 1| $129.00 Downpipe 2.5 inch | FWD 32-1085| 1| $99.00 Dynomax Super Turbo 2.5 x 2.5 | FWD 32-0102| 1| $49.00
Mopar Intercooler radiator that will bolt into the car with no cutting or fabricating. Other parts are available. I can assist with delivery with an open car trailer. Price: $2,500 clear title in my name. call Jake at 612-518-7425